Wesbank Sell Your Car
Selling a car shouldn’t be a difficult process. Let us guide you through it and ensure that you have everything you need for a smooth and trouble-free sale.
How to sell your car privately:
Take the car to an approved testing centre for a technical inspection and roadworthiness (which is required by the Department of Transport).
When you take the car to the technical centre for testing, you will need to show the following:
- Copy of the car’s NaTIS registration document
- Sale Agreement and Invoice
- Valid licence disc (displayed on the windscreen)
Please email the following documents to WesBank, with your car’s finance account number (if applicable) written on each page:
- A copy of your ID
- Copy of the NaTIS registration document
- Proof of your bank account
- Completed and signed Invoice and Sale Agreement
- Roadworthy certificate and inspection report
- Written settlement letter valid for 5 days or proof that the car has been paid in full (e.g. cancelled cheque or bank statements)
If there are any discrepancies in the engine or chassis numbers, the car will need to go through police clearance.
If the seller is a company – a (Pty) Ltd or CC – please provide the following:
- A resolution authorising a member / director to transact on behalf of the company
- Confirmation that the company has agreed to the sale of the car
If you have personalized plates, you will need to remove them and visit your provincial licensing department to disassociate them from the vehicle.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any outstanding license fees or traffic fines are settled in full.
WesBank is not responsible for the cost of number plates – this should be negotiated between the buyer and seller.