Wesbank Private Finance
Looking to buy a vehicle from a friend, family member, private individual, or business? You can finance the purchase, just the same as if you were buying from a dealership, with the added peace-of-mind of a technical inspection.
Benefits of WesBank private sale finance
A facilitated sale
We act as the go-between for you and the seller, using our experience and expertise to finalize the sale as quickly, simply, and securely as possible.
We go beyond the mandatory roadworthy test and ensure that a technical inspection is carried out on the vehicle. The deal only goes ahead if you’re satisfied with the results.
A smoother hand-over
With online contract signing and the roadworthy already over and done with, we help make the vehicle hand-over process smooth and efficient.
Buying a car from a private seller
Clear guidance and assistance for you and the seller. Here’s how it works:
- You apply for finance to buy the seller’s vehicle (being sold for R30 000 or more)
Provide the seller’s details
- With your finance approval confirmed, you give WesBank the seller’s contact details.
- The seller confirms the details and signs a sale agreement with WesBank.
Check the roadworthy results
- Once completed by the seller, you get the results of the roadworthy and technical inspection
- The deal goes ahead once you confirm that you’re satisfied with the results.
Sign your contract
- You sign and submit your vehicle finance contract online.
Collect your vehicle
- You collect the vehicle from the seller and drive off in your new car. (We can suggest some safe hand-over locations for you and the seller)
- WesBank pays the seller the full purchase price.