Standard Bank Complaints
It is your right to have all feedback and grievances heard. Standard Bank is committed to dealing with complaints through the correct complaints process.
You can raise a complaint at your nearest branch/suite with the Branch Manager, Relationship Manager, Area Manager or Provincial Head. You will get a reference number and an expected timeline to resolution
We will give you regular feedback until your complaint is resolved.
If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, you can escalate your complaint to the Complaints Resolution Centre (the Centre):
Please give the Centre the reference number you received and all relevant information about your complaint
The Centre will:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint and give you a reference number within 24 hours after you’ve lodged the complaint
- Allocate a case manager who will manage your complaint, and who will revert to you within 24 hours
- The case manager will provide you with regular updates on the progress of your complaint
- Your case manager will inform you if the Centre needs more time to investigate the matter.
- Outcomes will be communicated to you in your preferred method of communication.
If you feel that your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please ask to speak to the Head of Complaints Management at Standard Bank
If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can approach an ombudsman (mentioned below). This service is free.
You can also refer your complaint to the relevant regulator.
You need to lodge a formal complaint with the relevant ombudsman or regulator. The ombudsman and regulators usually require complaints to be lodged within four to six months after you’ve received an outcome from us. You must contact the relevant ombudsman or regulator as soon as possible to find out what their requirements and timeframes are to lodge your complaint.
For your convenience, the details of the ombudsmen and regulators are given below.