Standard Bank Balance Check
Simple and fast banking from your cellphone
What is cellphone banking?
You can do your day-to-day banking on any cellphone, simply by selecting options from a menu. Cellphone banking is quick, convenient and available 24/7. Best of all, there are no monthly service fees – you only pay for network charges.
How do I get it?
- All you need to access cellphone banking is your card number and the customer-selected PIN you use for online banking
- Call *120*2345# to get started
Is it secure?
- Yes, very. No banking information is stored on your phone. Even if your phone is stolen, no one will be able to transact using your details
What can I do with cellphone banking?
- Buy airtime, data or prepaid for yourself and anyone else
- Pay anyone who banks with Standard Bank, using their cellphone number
- Send Instant Money to anyone with a cellphone in South Africa
- Check your account balances
- Transfer money between your Standard Bank accounts
- Pay your beneficiaries
- Make once-off payments
- Play LOTTOTM and PowerBallTM
What are the costs?
- No monthly service fee
- For *120*2345# network charges apply
- Free on *130*2345# for airtime and data top-ups. You can buy up to R 500 prepaid airtime a day
- Make 3 or more cellphone banking transactions a month to earn 50 UCount Rewards points
- Use your Rewards points to buy stuff from our online mall, or plan your next holiday via the travel mall
- Questions? Problems? Call Customer Care on 0860 123 000
- Cellphone banking not for you? Try online banking or the banking app for Android and iOS
- Terms and conditions for using Standard Bank digital channel