Opening a Nedbank Cheque Account
A cheque or current account is a transactional account ideal for individuals earning a regular monthly income. More sophisticated than a savings account, a current account allows you to transact and manage your finances in a variety of convenient ways, including via your branch, ATM’s or through Internet, Telephone and Cellphone Banking. Additional optional features include a cheque book, cheque card or overdraft facility.
Payments can also be made by using a stop order or debit order. Stop orders are instructions to your bank to pay a company or an individual an amount of money on a certain day each month. Debit orders are the permission you give an organisation to deduct money that you owe it from your account each month.
Features and benefits
- Zero opening Balance
- VISA Debit Card that allows you to withdraw money from Nedbank’s ATM Network, swipe at any point of sale device.
- Subscription to Internet Banking to manage and pay beneficiaries
- Mobile App to manage and pay beneficiaries, to purchase airtime and electricity units
- USSD Cellphone banking so you can access your account and do your banking in areas where Internet coverage is not good
- You are eligible to apply for an overdraft if you are salaried through Nedbank
- You qualify to apply for credit facilities
Who can apply?
- Residents aged 18 years or older
What do you need to apply?
- A valid Swazi identity document or passport
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of Income
For more information, visit any Nedbank branch or call 2408 1000 and speak to a sales consultant