Opening a Nedbank Business Account
Choose between CIPC online or an inbranch service using SWIFTREG.
These services are available to both Nedbank and non-Nedbank clients wanting to start a new business or seeking to formalize an existing business.
Please note that Nedbank does not charge for the service but merely passes on the cost charged by the service provider.
Online business registration
At Nedbank we want to partner with you to help you start and grow your business. Online business registration will help you register your business and open a business current account at the same time.
Nedbank, in collaboration with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC), developed a service that allows you to register your business and reserve a name online. With this service clients can both register their business online and open a business bank account in one convenient, efficient and seamless process.
- There is no facilitation fee.
- It is a one-stop service for the entrepreneur who needs a convenient and seamless process to register a business and open a Nedbank business current account.
- It can be done online at a time convenient to you.
- Nedbank submits the information to CIPC on your behalf.
Nedbank’s online business registration services just got better! It now provides you with the ability to:
- register your business;
- apply for a B-BBEE exemption certificate (for businesses with a turnover of less than R10 million); and
- apply for a business bank account.
How does it work:
- Log on to applyonline.nedbank.co.za.
- Complete the online application form. Nedbank will use the information to open a business current account and share it with CIPC to register your business.
- Choose from the following two options:
- register your company and reserve a company name (you will be able to submit four names); or
- register your company without reserving a name. Should you choose this option, you can register a company name at a later stage, directy with CIPC.
- Make a payment to CIPC (cash or EFT).
Please note: Once the online application is complete, each director must visit a Nedbank branch with FICA documents to activate the business current account, complete the company registration process, and meet your banker.
SwiftReg – Do you prefer banker-assisted business registration services at a Nedbank branch?
We offer a comprehensive range of business registration and value-added services using SwiftReg, a third-party service provider.
If you want to register a private company [(Pty) Ltd], a non-profit company (NPC) or an incorporated Company, with a maximum of 10 directors or 14 shareholders, a banker can assist you. Your dedicated relationship banker can assist you with registering your business and company name and requesting shareholder certificates. If can also facilitate other services you may require (please consult the SwiftReg website for all the available services). The turnaround time will depend on the services required.