Open a Nedbank Savings Account Online
With the recent Covid-19 lockdown and movement restrictions, it might not be that easy to get to a Nedbank branch. But opening an account has never been easier with the Nedbank Money app and Online Banking.
You can open your new account from the comfort and safety of your home. As money experts who do good, we know that all your banking needs continue throughout lockdown, which is why we believe in making banking easier.
If you’re looking for a no-frills Pay-as-you-use account or a zero-fee Unlocked. Me Student account, the only time you need to set foot in a branch is to pick up your bank card.
Through a series of secure authentication steps and facial recognition on your smartphone, we’re able to confirm your identity with Home Affairs and set you up for digital banking the quick, safe, and easy way…
Download the Nedbank Money app to open your account in five minutes
- Open the app and select ‘Become a client’.
- Enter your ID and cellphone number.
- Consent to our processing your personal info.
- Follow the prompts to confirm your details.
- Give our app permission to access your camera.
- Verify your identity with facial recognition.
- Tell us your physical address.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Follow the prompts to activate your account.
What happens next?
- Collect your card from any branch (all you need is your ID).
- Confirm the Approve-it™ message on your phone to confirm you’re opening an account.
- Create and confirm your PIN.
- Call us on 0860 555 111 to set up Internet Banking access.
Can anyone qualify?
- You must be over 18.
- You must have a valid South African ID.
- For an Unlocked.Me account, you’ll need to confirm your student number and place of study during your application.