Nedbank Travel Card
Features and benefits
- Load up to 8 international currencies with locked-in exchange rate.
- The card will automatically use the currency of the country where you are using the card.
- Get a free back-up card.
- We will arrange emergency cash for you should you lose both your cards.
- No commission charged when you cash out your card on returning from your travels.
- Reloadable and has a life span of 3 years.
- Accepted globally at more than 34 million ATMs and merchant point-of-sale (POS) locations.
- Remotely top-up your funds by emailing [email protected] with your request.
- View your transactions on the Nedbank Money app.
How to apply
Visit any Nedbank Forex Branch
Lost card replacement
Should your card be lost or stolen, please call the Nedbank Contact Centre immediately on +27 (0)860 555 111 to block it as soon as you realise that it is missing.
When you block one of the cards, the other card will remain active so you will still be able to spend abroad.
Before you travel
- Ensure that you sign the back of both cards, mainly to help merchants verify whether or not you are the owner of your card.
- Change the PIN to one you will remember. Each card can have a different PIN if you so choose. If you choose to use the PIN it is issued with, memorise it and keep the printed PIN separate from your cards at all times.
- Download and register on the Nedbank Money app from your app store, your card will be automatically registered. This will ensure you can track your spend and always know what the current balances of your currency pocket balances on the go.
While you travel
- Always take the additional card with you when you travel and keep it in a safe place while you go sightseeing with your primary card.
- Swipe your card at POS for free.
- Use your card at ATMs to safely withdraw the currency of the country you are visiting.
When you return from your trip
- Ensure that you cash out the remaining funds on your Nedbank Travel Card within 30 days after returning from your travels, as required by the South African Reserve Bank.
- Store your cards and PINs safely so you can use them again when you travel in the future.
|Card fee||R151 once-off for three years (currently free until 31 Dec 2018 if you purchase a card)|
|Replacement card||R151 once-off for three years|
|Commission||2.02% (min R101)|
|ATM fee||USD 3 or equivalent per transaction|
|Cross-currency conversion fee||4%|
|Individual discretionary||R1 000 000,00|
|Business discretionary||R20 000 000,00|
|Child (under 18) discretionary||R200 000,00|
There are no transaction limits on the card, although some ATMs may impose a maximum withdrawal limit, which is outside our control.
Discounted travel offers – Save up to 30% on flights and accommodation.
Enjoy travel deals at a great discount, exclusive to Nedbank cardholders.We have partnered with some of the world’s leading airlines to secure great travel deals. Nedbank cardholders can now save up to 30% on their travel purchase when they book and pay with their Nedbank Credit, Debit and American Express® Cards.