To be the most admired financial services provider in Africa by our staff, clients, shareholders, regulators and communities. Our vision statement implies that:
- We will continue to build our franchise in Namibia, while expanding into the rest of Africa. Our strategic focus areas provide more insight into our progress and outlook;
- We want to be admired by our stakeholders. Without passionate and motivated staff members we will not be able to attract and retain the clients that are critical to the delivery of sustainable profits for our shareholders. As a bank we operate in a regulated environment and we aim to be admired by our regulators. Lastly, as a bank we can play a major part in our communities and, as the green bank, we are a strong advocate and influencer on environmental matters; and
- Our vision is supported by our Deep Green aspirations. These are: to be a great place to work; a great place to bank; a great place to invest; world class at managing risk and to be a green and caring bank.
Our mission is to:
- Provide our existing and potential clients with innovative banking solutions that meet their needs;
- Create an environment conducive for the development and growth of all employees that will result in value creation for all our stakeholders; and
- Commit ourselves to diversity – our strength is in our people.
- Accountability – Be prepared to make commitments and be judged against our commitments, to deliver on those commitments and to be responsible for our actions;
- Integrity – Be honest, trustworthy, trustful, consistent and open in all our conduct and decisions;
- Respect – Recognise the inherent worth of every human being and treat all people accordingly;
- Pushing beyond boundaries – Recognise our obligation to the entire organisation to push beyond the limits of what is best for us individually, or as a group or unit, and strive to break new ground, fuelled by passion and commitment; and
- People-centred – We invest in our people and create empowering environments through development, support, mentoring, coaching, valuing diversity, recognition and reward