- The American Express® GlobalTravel Card is a safe and convenient way of carrying foreign exchange abroad. You can load one of three popular currencies: US dollar, British pound sterling or Euro.
- Foreign banknotes are cash notes in the currency of the country you are visiting, conveniently used for smaller purchases and expenses
A Nedbank Foreign Currency Account (FCA) allows you to invest funds in major foreign currencies, ie US dollar (USD), British pound sterling (GBP), or euro (EUR).
- Affordable – You can invest a minimum opening balance of 100 USD, GBP or EUR.
- Peace of mind – You may protect your investment against currency fluctuations without having to move funds offshore.
- Cost-effective – There are no monthly maintenance fees.
- Convenience – You can transfer funds in a foreign currency to an account held at an overseas bank (subject to exchange control regulations).
- SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications) represents an electronic method to send money abroad or receive it from abroad, whether for personal or business reasons.
- Bank Drafts – With bills purchased (BPs) you can have money sent to you from abroad in the form of a cheque. A draft is a Nedbank cheque made payable to a person or organisation abroad