Mercantile Bank Credit Card
Enjoy a card-based credit facility that gives your business access to additional funds immediately. This allows your business to access money in advance to better manage your cash flow shortfalls and settle when you have received funds. The card also gives you access to Visa’s global network of ATMs and Point of Sale devices. Key Features and Benefits
GOLD CREDIT CARD
- Gold Credit Card is linked to our loyalty programme to give you access to all premier Bidvest lounges at airports around South Africa
- Nominate any number of executives and staff to use cards linked to a single card account, with individual limits and tracking
- Travel Insurance Change Notification
As a division of Capitec Bank Ltd, we are pleased to announce the introduction of the new Travel Insurance for our Credit Card cardholders to replace the existing Travel Insurance. The changes will be effective from 1 February 2021. We have attached the documents outlining the benefits and contact details to be used by staff for guidance.
Capitec Business Bank travel insurance cover is underwritten by Travel Insurance Consultants (T.I.C), which is a division of Santam Limited. Emergency medical assistance service is provided by Europ Assistance.
International travel insurance covers any unexpected medical expenses while card holders are travelling abroad. If you are a client up to the age of 75, and you purchase and pay for the full cost of your return conveyance ticket with your Capitec/ Mercantile credit card, you will receive free basic travel insurance. Please activate your policy by declaring your travel arrangements. Free cover is limited, you may also opt-in for top-up cover at your own cost if additional cover is required.Benefits
- Free basic cover – Emergency medical and related expenses of up to R10 million as specified in the benefit schedule that will be supplied to you by Travel Insurance Consultants (TIC)
- Top-up cover – Extra benefits such as journey cancellation, hijacking and wrongful detention, lost or stolen luggage and legal expenses.
- TIC Portal –- You will need activate the cover by declaring it either to TIC or on the portal – https://www.tic.co.za/capitec/
- Or TIC call center – TIC will provide a quotation for the extra premium and will collect the payment from you.
Conditions for cover
- You must pay for your return conveyance ticket in full with your Capitec/ Mercantile credit card.
- You must be not older than 75 years of age.
- Your trip cannot exceed 90 days.
- International travel insurance does not cover domestic travel, even if you purchase and pay with your credit card
- International travel insurance is not available on Visa® debit cards.
- The insurance only covers you and your immediate family: – spouse, parent, legal guardian, stepparent, grandparent, grandchild, In-law (son, daughter or parent), natural or adopted child, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister, half-brother or half-sister.
How to activate the cover
To activate your international travel cover, you can contact the TIC call center Monday to Friday from 8am – 5pm using any of the following channels:
Tel: +27 11 521 4112
Email: [email protected]
Or you may go directly to https://www.tic.co.za/capitec/ and issue your travel certificate directly. When your policy is issued, you will receive a Schedule of Insurance, detailing the benefits and limits, Visa Letter and policy terms and conditions.
Should you have a medical emergency while travelling internationally, contact Europ Assistance 24/7 on +27 11 991 8409.
How to claim
For Medical: You should contact Europ Assistance directly.
For Non-Medical: You should contact TIC directly.
TIC contact center for claims
Monday to Friday from 8am – 5pm
Tel: +27 11 521 4000
Email: [email protected]
Or submit Your Claim directly online from this page, https://www.tic.co.za/travelinsurance/claims/claims-procedure
Provide a full description of Your Claim – how it happened and what happened
Provide supporting documentation, e.g. Invoices, receipts, police report, medical reports, proof of ownership, etc.
For Medical Claims, you must contact the Assistance Company immediately. The contact number is in bold red on Your Schedule of Insurance.