Investec Bank Trust Account
When managing the effects of inheritance tax on your estate, trusts can help you protect your assets for the benefit of your loved ones.
- Independent, expert adviceIf you are thinking about how to protect and pass on your wealth and assets, a trust can be a cornerstone of your estate planning. Trusts can be complex structures. Our expert financial planners are here to discuss the best options for you and your estate.
- Greater control of your assetsA trust gives you greater control of what happens with your hard-earned wealth after you’ve passed away. With a trust, you can protect your assets and manage tax liabilities on behalf of the people important to you.
- Decide who benefits and whenYou can choose to set up a trust upon your death or during your lifetime. If you do this during your lifetime, you can influence who manages the trust, who benefits from it, and when.
- Paying off an inheritance tax billYou can also use a trust in conjunction with a life assurance policy to create a lump sum that your beneficiaries can use to pay an inheritance tax bill.
‘Trusts are an area often misunderstood, but the combination of protection and tax savings they offer makes them incredibly beneficial.’
Chris Aitken, Head of Financial Planning, Investec Wealth & Investment
Help with choosing the right trust
To make sure you select the right type of trust for your needs and goals, our specialist estate planners can discuss different options with you. These include:
- Bespoke trusts: designed especially for you and your estate.
- Packaged trusts: these are provided by insurance companies, but chosen by us with you in mind.
- Specific trusts: such as loan trusts and discounted gift trusts.
Our Estate Planning Services
It can be daunting to understand how inheritance tax works and what effect it could have on your estate. Work with us to assess your options and the best strategy for your beneficiaries.
Find out more about Inheritance Tax Planning
Head of Financial Planning
If you have any questions about our bespoke financial planning service give me a call or complete our contact form.
Get in touch
Financial Planning Brochure
Estate Planning Brochure
Family Matters Brochure
Load 1 more document(s)
See our range of investment services
The value of investments and the income derived from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back your initial investment. References to taxation are based on our current understanding of the legislation but we do not represent that it is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Tax laws are subject to change.