Investec Bank Travel Insurance
Any new account opened or trip booked will not cover any cancellation:
- where you cannot travel or choose not to travel because the World Health Organisation or any other government body’s advice in your home country or the country you are travelling to advises against travel due to a pandemic.
- where you cancel your trip and the reason for cancelling is not listed in the ‘what is covered’ section, including but not limited to an event you were due to travel to being cancelled, or your change in desire to travel.
The travel insurance cover attached to your account includes emergency medical costs, meaning we will cover your medical costs related to Coronavirus provided you haven’t travelled against World Health Organisation or any other government body’s advice in your home country or the country you are travelling to) or medical advice.
The travel insurance cover attached to your account also includes cancellation cover and we will cover cancellation if you, a close relative or travelling companion become ill, quarantined or are refused boarding due to Coronavirus, subject to a medical certificate or an official test result.
For any new account opened, or trips booked, all benefits will continue to apply except cancellation exclusions listed above.
If you are an existing AXA Investec Visa Platinum insurance policy holder and have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact AXA on +44 20 3284 1238 (Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:00).
With your Voyage account you also benefit from AXA worldwide travel insurance. You and your partner, along with your children under 19 years old (and under 21 if they’re in full time education), are all covered – even if they are not travelling with you.
About the AXA travel insurance policy
The AXA Travel Insurance policy is a package comprising several different types of cover. These are set out in the AXA Travel Insurance Policy Document and the AXA Insurance Product Information Document. The Investec Visa Platinum policy number is 5533701. If you have specific questions about cover, please call AXA Travel Insurance on: +44 20 3284 1238.
Please be aware that there are certain situations under which you may not be eligible for all or some of the cover under the policy, or where your right to claim may be restricted. We explain some key exclusions and limitations below. The list is not exhaustive and we recommend you read the policy documents carefully for more information.
Exclusions based on where you are resident
You will not be covered for any of the benefits in the AXA insurance policy if you are resident outside the United Kingdom, European Union, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man.
Exclusions based on your age
Cover is assessed on an annual basis. The first annual cover period begins when your Voyage account is opened.
- You will not be covered for any claim under Section C – Cancellation or Curtailment Charges, Section H – Emergency Medical and Other Expenses Abroad or Section I – Hospital Benefit if you are 80 or older at the beginning of the annual cover period. If you are 79 and turn 80 during a cover period, you will continue to be covered until the end of that annual cover period.
- You will not be covered for any claim under Section W – Rental Car Collision Damage Waiver if you are under 21 years old at the time of the incident which triggers your claim.
- You will not be covered under Section W – Rental Car Collision Damage Waiver once you turn 80.
Exclusions based on pre-existing medical conditions
You will not be covered under Section C – Cancellation or Curtailment Charges, Section H – Emergency Medical and Other Expenses Abroad, Section I – Hospital Benefit, Section L – Travel Accident or Section R – Winter Sports if your claim arises directly or indirectly from a pre-existing medical condition.
For more questions and answers on the Voyage account, see our Voyage information area.
Unable to be covered due to a pre-existing medical condition?
If you have serious medical conditions or have received treatment for them in the past, and are unable to be covered under the Investec travel insurance policy, services have been introduced to help you find cover:
- The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) travel medical directory is available here or you can call 0370 950 1790 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.
- The Money and Pensions Service’s travel directory is available here or you can call 0800 138 7777 (calls are free) Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.