FirstRand Bank Home Loans
We offer financial solutions and tools to guide you through the entire home loan process – from start to finish. Although buying a home can be stressful we aim to make the experience as smooth as possible.
Make sure you’re covered
- Ensures that the property is covered from the first day you take ownership.
Buy Vacant land
- Take the first step towards your dream home.
Get a Will at no cost
- We will assist you in setting up a professional Will, at no cost, plus you can earn 1000 eBucks reward level points.
Once off costs
|Purchase price deposit (if necessary)||This is a payment made to secure the property. The amount will be stated in the Offer to Purchase contract||Varies according to property value|
|Registration costs||A fee that is paid by you to the attorney||View the rates .|
|Transferring costs||A fee that is paid to the attorney nominated by the seller to transfer ownership of the property||This fee also varies and is based on the purchase price of the property|
|Postage and sundries||The cost of documents and certificates that the conveyancing attorney will need to submit to the Deeds Office, the bank, the estate agent and you||Minimum R300|
|Deeds Office registry fee||A fixed fee for the local registration of the loan||Estimated cost between R70 and R3 000|
|Transfer duty||This is a government tax, which you will need to pay based on the purchase price.||View the rates .|
|Initiation fee||A fee charged by FNB to process your building loan application||Refer to Annual Pricing Guide|
|Service fee||A monthly administration fee will be charged on all new registered loans.|
Please note that the monthly service fee applicable to your home loan will be charged irrespective of the balance outstanding and will only cease when the bond Is cancelled.
|Refer to Annual Pricing Guide|
|Existing bond cancellation fee||A cancellation fee, if applicable, will be charged by the attorney to cancel your bond in the Deeds Office||It varies by attorney|
|Early termination fees||An early termination fee is charged when a home loan is cancelled without giving 90 days notice.||The fee is calculated on the outstanding balance at your current interest rate.|
A monthly service fee will be charged on all new registered loans. See Pricing Guide for details.
Other costs to consider
- Municipal rates and fees
- Monthly home loan repayments
- Property Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Household content insurance
- A copy of an offer to purchase (if applicable)
- Proof of income
- If self-employed provide the latest financial statements
- Suitable proof of residence
- Copy of South African ID book/card
- Copy of marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Completed application form