First National Bank helps you cover unexpected troubles on your trip through Comprehensive Global Travel Insurance. With the CGTI, you are insured, no matter the location you find yourself
How to apply: Call FNB on 0861 490 100, or. Get FNB to call you back.
How To Apply:
- Click here to go to the webpage, to get a quote, or.
- Call Nedbank on 0860 885 501, or.
- Visit your nearest Nedbank Branch.
The policy from First National Bank gets you up to R10 million for medical expenses. However, you can get this travel insurance when booking with credit card certified by First National. Also, you will get up to R2.5 million for personal liability. The Comprehensive Global Travel Insurance from FNB insures you in the event of any of the following:
- Accidental loss of baggage
- Theft or damage of baggage
- Flight delays
- Baggage delays
- Case of stolen passport or trip documents
- Bank card fraud
- Cancelled flights
- Expenses for evacuation in the case of a Natural disaster
- Your visa application rejection
- Kidnap or illegal detention
- Identity swindle
- Any Hazardous activity
- In the case of repatriation as a result of the death
How do I activate my travel insurance?
Having a credit card handy comes with a lot of benefits. One of them is the trip indemnification that it comes with. Though it is free, the printing on the card itself looks highly professional. The indemnification saves one the embarrassment of cutting your trip short. You are covered when you activate the free insurance on your credit card and buy your air ticket. However, it must be an air ticket departing and returning to South Africa and must be with the credit card.
Importantly, you need to verify from your bank what your credit covers before you activate your trip cover policy. Some of the credit card trip indemnifications cover only medical expenses and medical emergencies. The best forms are trip indemnification for sudden sickness and injury. There are many South Africa credit card providers to consult to ascertain the activation status of your credit card travel insurance before you embark on your journey. They will also guide on the application process of trip indemnification when booking with a credit card.
How do I get FNB travel insurance?
To get your FNB trip indemnification, you need to meet the following requirements.
- You must be a South African citizen or be a permanent resident.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 70 years.
- You need to have a cheque account or credit card to pay for your proposed trip tickets.
To apply, you will need to visit any FNB branch with your South African ID book/card or your proof of residence. It must bear your name and not less than three months old.
How do I activate my FNB travel insurance?
Those who want to know how to get travel insurance with FNB can simply call the FNB travel desk on 0861490100, or visit any branch close to them. You can check for FNB travel insurance reviews to make sure it is what you want to do.