Capitec Bank Personal Loan
Complete a free instant online estimate and we’ll call you to personalise your offer based on your credit profile and need.
Personalised credit means that you get the best offer based on your profile and your need, with lower fees and at the best possible interest rate.
If you need to do home improvements, pay for education, buy a car, etc. our personalised credit is the best option. Remember that the term will affect your instalments, so be sure that you will be able to repay the monthly instalments over the whole term.
- Get up to R250 000 over 1 – 84 months
- Choose between the amount you want, the monthly instalment that suits your pocket, or the option that gives you the lowest interest rate
- Credit is approved in minutes and the money is available immediately
- Fixed monthly repayments
- Interest rates from 12.9%
- Consolidate all your existing loans for easier monthly repayments
- Affordable credit insurance including retrenchment and death cover
- Manage your credit using our app
Download our full credit flyer to read offline
Ways to apply
- On our app
- Visit your nearest branch
- SMS “CREDIT” to 44773
- Call us on 0860 66 77 89
Based on your affordability and credit profile
- Your banking and credit history
- Your income and expenses to see how much you can afford
- How stable your source of income is, to make the best offer
- You choose the credit amount that you want
- You choose the monthly instalment that suits your cash flow or the option that gives you the best interest rate
Credit insurance is offered on loans longer than 6 months. It covers retrenchment and death for peace of mind.
Get an online credit estimate to see how much credit you qualify for or get more information about our credit insurance and claims process.
Documents you need when applying
- Identification document (you must be 18 years or older)
- Original proof of residential address (any of the approved documents in your name with your street address)
- Latest salary slip
- Stamped 3-month bank statement showing your last 3 salary deposits
Rates and fees
|Loan amount (R)||5 000||25 000||50 000||100 000||250 000|
|Term (months)||Credit facility||12||24||48||84|
|Interest rate (%)||20.50||12.90 – 27.50||12.90 – 27.50||14.20 – 27.40||16.30 – 21.70|
|Credit life insurance R/1000 per month||n/a||2.49 – 4.50||2.49 – 4.50||2.49 – 4.50||2.49 – 4.50|
|Once-off initiation fee (R)||0 – 649.75||1 207.50||1 207.50||1 207.50||1 207.50|
|Monthly service fee (R)||35 – 69||69||69||69||69|
|Monthly repayment (R)||5 154– 5 815||2 445– 2 661||2 574– 3 009||2 999– 3 880||5 540– 6 769|
|Total repayment (R)||5 154– 5 815||29 345– 31 937||61 765– 72 220||143 962– 186 227||465 374– 568 562|
Please note that these are examples only. You can choose any term for your loan (up to 84 months) to make your monthly repayments more affordable. Your actual credit amount and credit interest rate will be based on your individual credit profile and affordability.