Capitec Bank Fees 2018
We update our bank fees on 1 March every year. Here are the most important fees for you to know to help you bank better in 2018.
We released our updated fees on 1 March 2018 before the VAT increase from 14% to 15%. We will adjust our fees to incorporate the 1% VAT increase, effective 1 April 2018.
To ease the financial burden on our clients, fees for electronic payments on our app, Internet banking and USSD will not increase, as we’ll carry the costs. All other fees will increase to exactly 15% VAT, and not a cent more.
Even with the increase, app transaction fees are more than 50% lower than our branch fees. You also don’t pay for the data you use while banking on our app, so it remains the best way to bank.
Monthly admin fee
- Includes 4 savings plans
- Make card purchases and shop online worldwide
- Transfer money between your Capitec accounts
- Access your accounts on our banking app or Internet banking
- Create recurring payments (stop orders) on our app or Internet banking
- Email your statements from our app or Internet banking
- Cash withdrawal at tills
- Debit order
- Payment or transfer in branch
- Create or cancel a stop order in branch
- Cash withdrawal at a Capitec ATM
- Cash withdrawal at any of the over 30 000 ATMs in South Africa (only R2.27 more than at a Capitec ATM)
You can download the latest 2021 fees flyer here.
- Your service provider will charge a fee for network access
- Includes Client Care Centre transactions
- Limited to travel-related transactions in terms of Section B16 of the Exchange Control Rulings of the South African Reserve Bank
- Fixed fee means it does not increase as the value of the transaction increases
- See foreign exchange services for more information
- Supplementary cards cannot be used internationally
- Card-not-present transactions limited to R50 000 per international transaction, up to your daily limit, in terms of Section B16 of the Exchange control Rulings of the South African Reserve Bank
- See foreign exchange services for more information on direct currency conversion
- An early release Capitec ATM transfer can only be done from a multiple deposit fixed-term or tax-free savings account with a balance of less than R10 000
- Get cash from any international ATM and purchase at any international card machine with the Mastercard® logo
- Remote banking app limits for sending cash: R3 000 per transaction, R5 000 per day, R24 990 per month
- Mobile banking (*120*3279#) limits for sending cash: R1 000 per transaction, R1 000 per day, R24 990 per month
- A processing (authorisation/clearing) fee will be charged for both successful and unsuccessful international transactions, whether the transaction was initiated cross-border from outside South Africa or locally from within South Africa. This includes the account status inquiry when an international merchant loads your card for payments