Apply For a Capitec Bank Loan Online
Whether you need to do home improvements, pay for your children’s education to secure their future, or buy a reliable car to get your family there safely – living better starts when you get credit for the right reasons.
A personalized loan means that you get the best offer based on your profile and your need, with lower fees and at the best possible interest rate. Remember that the term will affect your installments, so be sure that you’ll be able to repay the monthly installments over the whole term.
- Get up to R250 000 over 5 – 84 months
- Choose between the amount you want, the monthly installment that suits your pocket, or the option that gives you the lowest interest rate
- Credit is approved in minutes and the money is available immediately
- Pay fixed monthly repayments
- Get interest rates from 9.25%
- Consolidate all your existing loans for easier monthly repayments
- Add affordable credit insurance, including retrenchment and death cover
- Manage your credit using our app
ways to apply
- On our app
- Visit your nearest branch
- Call us on 0860 66 77 89
Your offer is based on your affordability and credit profile
- Your banking and credit history
- Your income and expenses to see how much you can afford
- How stable your source of income is, to make the best offer
- You choose the credit amount that you want
- You choose the monthly installment that suits your cash flow or the option that gives you the best interest rate
Credit insurance is required for credit terms of 7 months or longer to cover death, permanent or temporary disability, unemployment, the inability to earn an income or retrenchment.
Your credit life insurance premium is charged monthly at a Rand amount per every R1 000 of the outstanding balance. This means that the less you owe, the lower your monthly credit insurance premium becomes.
Get an online credit estimate to see how much credit you qualify for or get more information about our credit insurance and claims process.
documents you need when applying
- Original identification document (must be 18 years or older). If your name and/or surname differs from your identification document, a marriage certificate, divorce court order or name change letter will be required.
- Latest salary slip
- Any original bank statement showing your latest 3 consecutive salary deposits into an account in your name (an over-the-counter bank statement must be stamped)
credit for business owners
To apply for a business loan, your business must be registered as one of the following:
- Association not for gain
- Close Corporation (CC)
- Incorporated (Inc)
- Public (Ltd) or Private company (Pty Ltd)
- Read more about our credit solution for businesses here
Note: We cannot grant credit to informally self-employed individuals, including freelancers and sole traders.
Download our free Good for Credit booklet for tips on how to handle credit.