African Development Bank Young Professionals Program 2017
Do you have passion and commitment to development of Africa? Outstanding academic and professional achievements? A commitment to engage in crucial issues in Africa’s development? Do you wish to make a difference, be part of something bigger than yourself and explore your leadership potential? If yes, you are the one we are looking for.
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. We attract highly qualified and motivated professionals from our member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development. Through the YPP, the Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
We expect to offer this opportunity to 30 candidates for the 2018 cohort.
To join us, you should:
- Be a citizen of a regional or non-regional AfDB member country
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December, 2017
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials
- Have at least 3 years work experience in the areas related to our high priority areas (Hi-5s).
- Demonstrable on-the-ground/hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries
- Have passion for Africa’s Development
- Demonstrate strengths in leadership including leading others
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others
- Effectively work in teams with adaptability to a diverse environment
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability
- Business Acumen and innovation mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and travel to undertake country assignments.
Thank you for your interest in the African Development Bank’s 2018 Young Professionals Program. We attracted over 7000 applications and out of these, 30 applicants will be accepted into the program.
The Bank is currently processing the applications against the program eligibility requirements.
Assessments are planned for November and appointment of successful candidates completed by 31st December 2017, who will report in February 2018.
Applicants should therefore expect feedback as we progress the applications.
- Opening date: 21 August 2017
- Closing date: 15 September 2017
Screening Applications : November 2017
Assessment Centers / Interviews : January 10-12 , 2018
Successful candidates informed : By january 31, 2018
Assumption of duty : February 2018