African Bank Internship
The primary objectives of the Internship Program at the African Development Bank Group are to deepen the Bank’s efforts to advance development within its regional member countries (RMC) through capacity building activities.
The broad objectives of the Program are to provide the opportunity to acquire and develop the ability to work in an international environment, provide the Bank a pool of potential candidates in the future and enhance the visibility of the Bank and its development activities.
Learn about the Internship Program
The Bank is planning to recruit 60 interns in 2018.
Participants in the program are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank.
The following are the minimum requirements:
- Aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years of age by December 31,2018
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree and be enrolled in a Master’s degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- Apply for an internship within one year of having obtained the Master’s degree.
- Provide proof of enrollment from the university / professional institution/ school.
- Citizen of a member country of the African Development Bank.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
In addition to the above selection criteria, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Ability to leverage knowledge.
- Ability to share knowledge.
- Adaptability to multicultural settings.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operations.
- Experience on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
The Bank aims to select candidates with professional degrees in the following disciplines (based on the business needs):
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth;
- Agriculture, Human and Social Development;
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization;
- Economy, Statistics;
- Governance and knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Service & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations