The following are the contact details of ABSA Bank, please report any suspicious fraud activity by calling the ABSA Fraud Hotline 24/7
Remember, Absa will not request your PIN, password, passcode, transaction verification or card CVV number.
Always report any suspicious activity to the Absa Fraud Hotline immediately via the mobile banking app by using the ‘click to call’ functionality or simply call 0860 557 557 or +27 11 501 5089.
TELEPHONE: 0860 557 557, +27 (0) 11 501 5089
7 days a week – 24 hours a day
How to stay safe against common scams
Follow the under listed points in order to stay safe from Bank Fraud
- Ignore any SMS or email notification that asks you to follow a link and provide your username and password.
- Do not store any banking credentials on your smartphone.
- Do not let your browser (Safari, Chrome and others) save your banking passwords.
- Ensure that your banking credentials are unique and not used to log-in to any other websites, email accounts or apps.
- When selling your phone, ensure all your details are removed, the Absa Banking App is uninstalled and delinked from your banking profile, and the phone is reset to factory settings.
- Never leave your smartphone unattended when you are logged in.
- Use two-factor authentication whenever possible to increase the security of your login.
- Do not jailbreak (your iPhone), use pirated software or compromise the security of the software on your device as this could easily lead to attackers spying on you without your knowledge.
- Install a reputable anti-malware solution on your device to detect and block signs of malicious activity – and remember to keep the software updated to ensure maximum effectiveness.